First School Workshop


Salt Dough Christmas Decorations

Today was my first workshop at Southbroom Infants School, boy it was tiring but fun. I had a few crispy disasters but much of the students work was salvageable thank goodness!

I came in to class with a few samples to inspire the children but having not worked with reception class before I wasn't sure at what level to pitch it, I soon learnt that my samples were a little too complicated so we stuck with the trusty Christmas cookie cutters. I brought in a selection of laces, zips, combs, leaves, pine cone and star anise, to give the decorations texture. We finished them with acrylic paint(messy messy), a pretty red ribbon and bell to add an element of sound.











I was pleased with the outcome of the workshops and learnt a great deal, I must manage my time better and not over complicate things

Comments