Working into my samples


 Quilting, reverse and applied applique etc




Water - Arashi Shibori, applied applique, hand-stitching, freehand machine embroidery

Inspired by the water and Avon and Kennet canal of Devizes












Current- Arashi Shibori and applied applique

Inspired by Devizes water again. 







 Flowers - Wax resist, reverse and applied applique




Clouds & Flowers - Tied resist, reverse and applied applique










Tree, Water - Wax resist, Arashi and tied Shibori, reverse and applied applique, quilted freehand machine embroidery 

Inspired by the tree in Southbroom's play area

 


Chickens - wax resist and quilted   freehand machine embroidery

 Inspired by the chickens of Southbroom     Infants School.






Heart - Stitch resist and freehand machine embroidery

Inspired by the nurturing heart of a school.

...

A selection of my first attempts to work and manipulate my dyed samples. I was really taken with the applied applique string, this is something I'm going to continue playing with with my next batch of samples.

I would note that I'd like to strengthen the colour of indigo next time.

Comments