Indigo Tie Dyeing with Southbroom Infants School

Last Friday I ran my first in-school tie dye workshop and it went really well. We're always pushed for time, trying to include all students from reception to year 2 is hard! But I had a lovely parent helper, Joanna, to assist me - I was grateful and I think she enjoyed dyeing as much as the children!  The children seemed to really enjoy themselves and were fascinated by the concept of changing the fabrics colour and the magic of Indigo dye changing colour as it came out of the dye vat. The elastic bands were an unexpected challenge but it's good to discover what level I should be pitching my workshops.

From the dyed samples I will be taking a few cuttings to include in the wall hanging I'm making in collaboration with the school, with the remainders being taken home by the students.

Soon it shall be art week and a new adventure in to ECO bundle dyeing with the children. We plan to forage the school grounds and see what we can put to use as a dye stuff.

Well until next time...











Comments