My Creativity Shines


 

'My creativity shines', it sure does and so does yours!


What I've noticed in the 5 years I've been working closely with women is that the majority of us doubt ourselves, lack confidence and self-compassion. Now in my experience this usually manifests with the classic phrases, 'I have back fat', 'What's this wobbly bit here by my armpit?', 'I'd love a bum like that' or a case of the 'Bridzillas'. This is an almost weekly occurrence for me and what I've come to realise from working with so many different women of all shapes and sizes, is exactly that, we're all different shapes and sizes, totally unique and there really isn't a standard to judge ourselves by! So GIRL POWER SISTAS, WE'RE ALL BEAUTIFUL IN OUR OWN WAYS, OWN IT GIRLFRIEND.

Building your confidence through sewing

Now let me bend your ear about the benefits of sewing and my struggles with my work 'being good enough'. My lack of self-compassion tends to creep in when I take on a new bespoke project (not so much with alterations as I've worked on hundreds of dresses over the years), I'm gripped by both fear and excitement at the prospect of getting creative and challenging myself but there's always that period between finishing the garment and the client wearing it for their special occasion, that I think 'please god let it fit and let them be happy' and you know what it always does, I've never had an issue and I feel so proud and pleased when I get a couple of pictures sent my way! I really believe sewing and having a creative outlet allows you to grow, feel accomplished,  proud, strong, courageous, energetically flowing and joyful. So in light of this I will no longer hold myself back through fear and I hope you'll join me on this mission for self-love.







Comments